Tuesday 31 March 2009

Nemesis Reman and Robin Hood...


There were many lots of interest in the Christie's sale. They all seemed a very reasonable estimate but I guessed that from prior auctions that the prices would go way over the estimated price. I decided on at least two items that I was interested in... the Nemesis Reman Viceroy movie costume of Ron Pearlman's would fit me (the Picard clone Shinzon Reman costume of Tom Hardy would be way too small) and the Robin Hood costume from TNG - Qpid, which is one of my favourite episodes!

It was amazing to see the preview exhibition in New York, the models were amazing, to be able to touch the costumes was incredible, to see this historic show was breathtaki
ng! A once in a lifetime opportunity to see all of these items in one place was incredible!

Obviously I was lucky enough to win what I had planned (and dreamed) of winning, sadly there were many, many more items that had to be left behind. Oh how I wish we could travel back in time to those few precious days! One of the nicest things that happened is that I met a team of interesting/intelligent/enthusiastic and knowledgeable worldwide collectors that have become very good friends! Sadly I had to leave NY empty handed after the auction, as the items had been taken into storage, so I planned my next visit to NY (and New Jersey) to collect them a month later to coincide with the Star Trek Convention in New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment