Tuesday 31 March 2009

Las Vegas 2005

The next five days were about to change my life...

Barron took me under his wing... I was very green and new to conventions in the US... he showed me the ropes, introduced me to all his friends and got me into loads of trouble! The grand finale was definitely a peak in my career... I entered my first costume contest in the USA and won!! It was an amazing feeling and we celebrated long and hard at Quarks bar and restaurant. This was also the occasion that I met Major Kahlen, out-of-character and realized what an amazing woman she was. We ended up having a wonderful long distance love affair and a relationship that I will never forget, it was a great shame that we lived so far apart.

During this time I suffered a personal tragedy when my father suddenly died on Valentines day 2006. It is now three years on and I still haven't got over it, how can you get over the loss of a parent? Looking back, we were incredibly close, he gave me all his artistic creativity and style, it is a very great shame that he died so early at the age of 64, he had so much to give and to live for. I miss him terribly and wish that he could see all that I have accomplished since his death.

In May that year I was engaged to open the Yorkshire maze, which was reported on UK's Yorkshire television, and was seen by the BBC's producers which led to my appearing on BBC's Breakfast TV programme, together with Helen from Christie's, who had announced that they would be celebrating Star Trek's 40th Anniversary by auctioning some 1,000 lots of Star Trek costumes and props. Anyway, Lynn and I decided that we should attend the auction in New York and maybe bid on a few items... the rest as they say... is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment